1/11/08

Last day of Nearly Total Useless Information, but FUN.

Well, not to get political on all of you, and not to push my political opinions on you, I will try to share some fun with you.

Being from the wonderful state of Arizona, we have a relatively unknown individual from our state running for the Presidential Office. He is our SENIOR member of congress (70 yrs old). Well, to get to it, I was on the way home listening to the radio, and they played a parity about Senator John McCain that I thought you might enjoy.

For your listening pleasure... McCainiac! Play Now!

As they come up with other parodies about other candidates (From both parties) I will pass them along to you also.

Until I figure out which candidate will do the least damage to our wonderful country, I will be an equal opportunity offender.

I do not know about you, but when I heard this for the first time, it gave me the creeps thinking about some 70 year old guy wearing knitted leg warmers and a sweaty t-shirt dancing around a room. I think I would rather have imaged Jennifer Beals, relating to that song.

Update---
Got out and had to streatch my legs for a couple of miles:
Mile 1 - 8:49
Walk - 1 minute
Mile 2 - 8:59
Walk - 1 minute
.26 miles - 2:39

FIRST 2 MILES EVER UNDER 9 MINUTES !!!!!
No, I will not maintain that pace for the half marathon YET.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome job!! I think you are ready buddy. Just make sure to go out easy those first couple miles. It's very easy to get dragged along by the crowd pack and end up going way too fast without even feeling it.

Rock on, dude!!

Nancy said...

Hey Speedy!!! Nice splits. Hope you didn't go out like that in the half. :D

Hope you had a great time. Looking forward to hearing about it.