1/18/08

Friday 7 mile

Well, I managed to squeeze out seven miles today, between rebuilding computer servers.

Mile 1 - 9:41
Mile 2 - 9:56
Mile 3 - 10:40
Mile 4- 11:18
Mile 5 - 11:42
Mile 6 - 12:02
Mile 7 - 11:48

I started out with the thought that I would keep the pace under 10 minute mile. After 2 I was pooped, so I slowed down to a nice and easy pace. However I already had my heart rate in zone 5 and it did not want to leave that zone the entire time. Better luck on Sunday for a nice long slow run.

Word for the day:
ELECTAL-DYSFUNCTION: What you have when you do not get excited about any of the presidential candidates that either side has presented.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

The new ED. Now that's funny.

Wes said...

I have Political Dysfunction. I'm looking for a way out :-)

Zone 5? The heart attack zone? Slow down homie :-) We need you around for a while longer!!

My Life said...

Dude... you are smokin' me already on these runs! I was only able to handle a bike ride today...

Looks like you started out fast on those splits... have you already set a goal for RnR SD?

David said...

By excited, do you mean joyous at the prospect, or having elevated hear rate at the fear?

I go out too hard on runs sometimes, too. It takes a while to know your 100% range for the various distances, and then knowing what % range (think the cause of the HR zone and eventual fatigue) to be in. But you got benefit from those first two miles, so next run should be better. Good for you!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO Sweet word of the day!! HAHAHAA

J~Mom said...

Nice!! 7 miles the same week as your half...someone is so doing a full!

Amy said...

I'm glad I can now put a name to this funky feeling I've had about all of the candidates!