4/29/09

Things are looking brighter

Well, it has been a while and I do not know if any of you still want to blog with me, but I thought I would shed some light on what is going on. I learned that my position with my current employer is going away next summer, and I did not like that too much. After over 10 years with the same employer it took a big blow to me, even though they gave me 17 months to find a new position. After several weeks of evaluating the situation, I put my resume on monster and dice (I am in the Information Technology field), and in less than 24 hours I started to get phone calls. In short after several dozen of calls and interviews, I finally accepted a new position. The company that I will be working for manufactures night vision goggles for the military, however I will be working on their computer systems and not manufacturing them.

I learned this past Friday that I would be moving to Roanoke, VA in two weeks! The company is paying to move my family and it is a pay raise :). We discussed with the kids where they would like to live, if they got a chance to pick, and they both indicated a desire to live in the mid-Atlantic area, which is where most of the calls were from.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to run the Grand Canyon, I will be driving across the country at that time. Also, I will not be able to crew for Leigh at Badwater (I will not have any vacation time) and I was looking so forward to it, it breaks my heart to pull out as one of her crew members, but I must do what is best for my family and I hope that she will forgive me for it.

I will need to keep up on my blogging and keep all of you up to date on how things are going.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You're damn right you better keep us up to date. If nothing else, you won't hurt for trails to run in Roanoke. Congratulations on the new job and the end to all the stress you have been dealing with!

Marcy said...

Wow seems like everyone is moving LOL CONGRATS on the new job and move!! ;D ;D Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Get out!!! Eric, that's great news! You are a wanted Man even in this bad economy. Congrats on the new job. It will be a big change for you coming from AZ, but VA is really nice, especially for trailrunning. I also have to sacrifice a lot of stuff like races, but a career/job change is major. I'm sure I'll see you at some of the VA races. Charlottesville is close to you and there are some cool runs organized by Francesca Conte.

Jeff said...

Congrats on the new job, Eric.

Just think of all the new events you'll be able to schedule. Maybe put that JFK 50-miler on your calendar. Probably the biggest ultra in these parts.

Pat said...

congrats Eric. I'm glad you landed on your feet. I knew you would.

J~Mom said...

Congrats Eric!!! We will miss you around these parts!!

Michelle said...

I didn't realize you are also an IT guy!! So is my hubby. He got two job offers before accepting the one in Redding.

Hope you can post some pics of VA when you get settled!